Homeowners Insurance
Homeowners Insurance

Homeowners Insurance in Pittsburgh, PA, Canonsburg, PA, & Surrounding Communities

Rely on Coverage From the Nation’s Strongest Insurance Carriers

Gullborg Insurance, Inc. offers homeowners insurance coverage that you can rely on from the nation’s strongest and most dependable insurance carriers. Our staff members are dedicated to ensuring that your most important possession is protected adequately against perils that may affect you and your home. Let us help you understand your coverage options, determine how much coverage you need, and help you find the best policy for your peace of mind.

A standard homeowners insurance policy includes four types of coverage:

  • Home & Other Structure Coverage
  • Personal Belongings
  • Additional Living Expenses
  • Liability Protection

Ask Us How You Can Save Big With Multi-Policy Discounts

Erie Insurance Customers:

Instant Online Quote

Secure Essential Home and Other Structure Coverage

Home and other structure coverage is the most essential feature of your homeowners policy and provides protection against the most common risks to your home. This coverage pays to repair or rebuild your home when it is damaged by:

  • Fire
  • Wind
  • Hail
  • Lightning

Insurance coverage for floods, earthquakes, and water/sewer backup typically must be purchased at additional cost. Most policies cover detached structures on your property, such as garages, sheds, gazebos, etc.

Quality Insurance Protection for Your Personal Belongings

Insurance protection for personal belongings safeguards the contents within your home including items such as your furniture and clothing. Conduct a home inventory to help determine your coverage. Certain valuable items like jewelry & fine art will need extra coverage called a “floater.” Most homeowner policies contain internal sub-limits for items like guns, furs & silver. Also, most policies limit content coverage for property/items kept at a different residence. Standard homeowner policies also provide limited coverage for trees, plants & shrubs as well as unauthorized use of your credit cards.

Coverage for Additional Living Expenses

If you are forced from your home as a result of damage from a fire, storm, or other insured peril, this part of your policy covers the expenses incurred while your home is being rebuilt. Typical policies provide for up to 12 months of coverage at a rate of approximately 20% of the insurance on your home. Our policies have set amounts for living expenses coverage. Also, coverage is provided for lost rental income to replace income from a tenant who rented out a portion of your home but was unable to live in the house during reconstruction.

Liability Protection Coverage for Damage to Others and Their Property

Liability protection provides coverage to protect you against lawsuits and claims filed against you and your family members for bodily injury and property damage as a result of negligence to other people and their property. Coverage for injury and property damage caused by your pets is also included. Medical coverage is included if a visitor to your home is injured on your property. Injured guests may submit medical bills directly to your insurance company for compensation without having to file a claim against you. However, your liability protection provides coverage to pay for any court defense costs, as well as court awards up to your policy limit.

We Offer Additional Coverage and Options

Replacement Cost: This option pays the full cost of rebuilding or repairing your home, or replacing your possessions, without a deduction for depreciation.

Sewer or Drain Water Backup: This coverage insures your property for damage caused by the backup of sewers or drains into your home. Water backup is not always included in a policy.

Umbrella or Personal Catastrophe Liability: This coverage offers additional liability protection, as well as broader coverage to your standard policy.

Earthquake Insurance: Homeowners policies typically do not include earthquake insurance. However, we provide this option, which may be purchased as an endorsement to your policy.

Flood Insurance: Flood insurance is excluded from most homeowners policies and must be purchased separately through the National Flood Insurance Program.

Coverage for Valuables: If you own expensive jewelry, electronic equipment or collectibles, you may want to purchase additional coverage for these items. Their replacement cost may exceed the standard loss coverage provided in your homeowners policy.

Identity Theft Protection: Identity Recovery Coverage is designed to help you restore your credit in the event of identity theft.